Moving to a new city can be challenging for individuals and families. The University eases your transition with a variety of services to help you settle into your new home.

Living in Hyde Park

This resource lists the amenities and cultural draws of the vibrant Hyde Park neighborhood, home to the University of Chicago and many of our faculty and other academic appointees.
More information »

Finding a Home

Our Faculty Housing Advisors can answer questions about Chicago and its resources and help you identify neighborhoods, realtors, and residences for rent or purchase.  In addition, our advisors will visit residences and tour neighborhoods with you; provide information on the University's Faculty and Staff Loan Programs; and assist faculty in subletting or reletting properties.
More information »

Dual Career Partner Assistance

Dual Career Services provides job-related resources and tailored career coaching to assist the spouses and partners of new faculty and faculty recruits to find meaningful employment in the region. Services are available to faculty partners and spouses seeking employment both inside and outside academia. The office also assists with relocation-related questions and helps new faculty and their families to integrate in the University of Chicago community by organizing social events.
More information »

Immigration Assistance

The University helps faculty members without U.S. citizenship to apply for both temporary and permanent visas.
More information »

English as a Second Language

The English Language Institute at International House offers classes for non-native English speakers at all skill levels.
More information »